Use of Ryan's time
- Explore hiring someone one or two people with the skills to restructure jekyll theme and redesign organization of the documentation.
- Coordinate a pilot of small scale documentation sprint.
- Documentation approaches
- Option 1: Documentor interviews a domain expert.
- Option 2: Domain expert does a brain dump in writing. Documentor refines this and asks more questions through email/slack to add details and refine writing.
- Option 3: Documentation webinar interview with all participants being able to ask clarifying questions. Provide some questions ahead of time.
- Option 4: Documentor creates questionnaire to send to domain expert.
- Option 5: New developer creates documentation as they think it works and then the domain expert helps to refine it until correct.
- identify experts
- identify documentors
- identify topics
- Running in production - (Experts: Bess Sadler, Interviewer: - Option 3)
- What happens when... I Search for Something (Expert: Jonathan Dixon, Interviewer: - Option 2)
- Patterns - Presenters (Expert: Adam Wead, Interviewer: - Option 4)
- Patterns - Actors (Expert: Tom Johnson, Interviewer: Jenn - Option 1) Email Questions on Actor Stack
- What happens when... I Index Something (Expert: Justin Coyne, Interviewer: LaRita - Option 5)
- help coordinate timing of documentation effort
Action Items: Ryan to coordinate pilot and contacting experts and interviewers.
Use of Financial Support
- restructure jekyll theme especially for left hand menu structure, addressing versioning across multiple gems, generalized organization of the site
- redesign the organization of the documentation especially on how to organize versioning across multiple gems
Action Items: How to locate someone with the skills? Potentially reach out to our current theme author. (5 hours of Ryan's time for initial exploration)
Action Items: Read out to Write the Docs community for organization question
More possibilities at previous meeting brain storming.