Colegio de Mexico
- We need two way communication. If a user uploads an object in the repo, it should update the ORCID record for that person.
- Also, if someone creates a new entry in the ORCID record it should create a new record in the repo.
University of Michigan
Our use cases for Deep Blue and Deep Blue Data are:
- Associate work with one or more Author's/Creator's ORCID
- Offer the option to report to ORCID
- User can add ORCID in the author/creator field. The system gets metadata from ORCID.org and stores it with that work. Metadata like preferred name, email, and affiliation.
- Consider proxy depositor
- Display ORCID with the user's work.
- The viewer should be able to click on ORCID to view all the other deposits associated with that ORCID.
- The system should let the depositor turn off ORCID display
- Connect with Symplectic
- If the ORCID is associated with works in Symplectic, they can be imported into Deep Blue
- Offer Authors/Creator to let ORCID pull info from us (may happen automatically)
University of Notre Dame
We want to treat ORCID as a registry of record.
- As a faculty member, I would like to connect to ORCID and pull down a stub data record from my ORCID profile so that I can then augment that information in our repository.
- As a faculty member, I would like to push up my repository data to my ORCID profile.