How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
220.127.116.11 (US West)
18.104.22.168 (US East)
22.214.171.124 (Hong Kong)
Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Moderator: Jennifer Lindner
Notetaker: Jim Coble
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Call for new agenda items (moderator)
- Collection Extensions update (Lynette Rayle)
- PR: https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/2623
- Documentation: Collections and Admin Sets - Overview
- Partipation Info: Hyrax 2.1.0 - QA and Release
- Hyrax PR reviewing (Chris Colvard)
- PR backlog
- (After Call) Valkyrie Sprint Planning - Scheduling & Tickets
- add agenda item here
- Notetaker and moderator for next time
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call.
2. b. Collection Extensions update (Lynette Rayle)
2. c. Hyrax PR reviewing (Chris Colvard)
- There are some Hyrax PR's that have been languishing for a while.
- Developers are encouraged to review the Github Hyrax Code Reviewers list – https://github.com/orgs/samvera/teams/hyrax-code-reviewers/members– and update it as appropriate. Chris Colvard will email the samvera-tech list about this as well.
- Discussion about increasing throughput on Hyrax PR reviews
- Perhaps post outstanding PR's as an agenda item on the tech call as a place to talk about them during the call?
- Would it be worthwhile to spend some time in a call looking at a PR together as an exemplar of how to do code review? Or perhaps this should be separated out into its own call for a time or two?
- Would be good to have at least a basic checklist for code reviewing. Does anything exist that could be a starting point? Some suggestions ...
- Trey Pendragon created an issue for samvera.github.io about documentation for how to review a PR – https://github.com/samvera/samvera.github.io/issues/193 . Will tag common code reviewers to comment on the issue to offer suggestions about what should be in the documentation.
- Good article on code reviewing: https://email@example.com/unlearning-toxic-behaviors-in-a-code-review-culture-b7c295452a3c .
- Discussed idea of matching reviewers with code areas they feel comfortable reviewing so that PR submitters could potentially tag appropriate people as reviewers. Might be a good idea but is likely to be difficult to maintain. Alternatively, PR submitters could use 'git blame' to get a sense of who has done work on the code in question and might be a good reviewer.
- What is our goal in reducing the PR backlog? If outstanding for over a week, it really should be reviewed (unless it's clearly a work-in-progress PR).
- Jim Coble will add an agenda item to next week's call to check in on how some of these plans are progressing.
3. Next week