The OR2019 conference was held in Hamburg, Germany from June 10-13, 2019. For more information see https://or2019.blogs.uni-hamburg.de/
DSpace 7 Workshops
The below DSpace workshops were held at the OR2019 conference. Links to all slides and materials may be found below. These sessions were not recorded.
"Getting Started with DSpace 7" Workshop (Two 1/2 day sessions)
- Description: This two session workshop will provide attendees with an overview of the DSpace 7 platform, and hands-on activities preparing you for your next upgrade.
- Basic Training (Part 1): Installing or Upgrading, Basic Configuration & UI Branding (Audience: ALL)
- Advanced Training (Part 2): Advanced Customizations of Angular UI & using new REST API (Audience: Developers)
- Presenters: Tim Donohue, Art Lowel (Atmire) , Andrea Bollini (4Science)
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xvg-mVVk7RtYF4_WVDhKyAtcz4GnfnQj123X3APbk88/edit?usp=sharing
- Basic Training Workshop materials (What is in DSpace 7, What has changed, Install/Upgrade/Configuration Overview, Basic Branding of UI)
- Advanced Training Workshop materials (Deep dive into Angular, advanced UI customizations, deep dive into REST API)
"DSpace with Docker" Workshop (1/2 day session)
- Description: This workshop will train attendees on using DSpace with Docker, using any supported versions (DSpace 4, 5, 6) and/or the upcoming DSpace 7 release.
- Presenters: Terry Brady and Pascal-Nicolas Becker
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QMx0x9975e44xmYbB8g7E6h-I10b9ZXYKAmfArFF8a8/edit?usp=sharing
- Slides and Prerequisites: https://bit.ly/dspace-docker
DSpace 7 Presentations
The below DSpace presentations were held at the OR2019 conference. Links to all slides may be found below. These talks were recorded, and recordings will be linked once they become available.
Introducing DSpace 7
- Description: This talk will give an overview of the DSpace 7 release, including what to expect in the upgrade, overview of new major features and a brief demo. Additional talks (see below) will do a deeper dive on specific features to look forward to in DSpace 7.
- Presenters: Tim Donohue
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19WM1LPsY_K9aa1yr07l9R5ddVPH_u-GyqwqTuO1Fy1U/edit?usp=sharing
- Slides: https://tinyurl.com/or2019-dspace7
DSpace 7 - The Power of Configurable Entities
- Description: This talk will do a deeper dive into the new Configurable Entities feature of DSpace 7, including how to configure custom object models for your DSpace.
- Presenters: Lieven Droogmans
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ala0i0Lb1Zq4GgBDYAD5peX2OqwVceMV-uFNOGoMEK8/edit?usp=sharing
- Slides: (LINK COMING SOON)
DSpace 7 - Enhanced Submission & Workflow
- Description: This talk will do a deeper dive into the new Enhanced Submission and Workflow features of DSpace 7, including how to configure, customize & use this feature (and differences with DSpace 6 and below)
- Presenters: Andrea Bollini (4Science) , Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) and Claudio Cortese (4Science)
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1frR0LoskFpccDUAzFwjNBJOrpmw0euccATqhLuwfAG4/edit
- Slides: https://www.slideshare.net/4Science/or2019-dspace-7-enhanced-submission-amp-workflow
DSpace 7 - Open for Integrations (REST API)
- Description: This talk will do a deeper dive into the new REST API for DSpace 7, including how to utilize it to build new integrations/tools for DSpace.
- Presenters: Andrea Bollini (4Science) and Luigi Andrea Pascarelli (4Science)
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1krzGFuP1lghEsya_t0VZf5DYp6EzjjRTWYD2HrxDc74/edit?usp=sharing
- Slides: https://www.slideshare.net/4Science/or2019-dspace-7-open-for-integration
DSpace 7 - The Angular UI from a user’s perspective
- Description: This talk will do a deeper dive into the new Angular UI for DSpace 7, including highlighting the power of Angular and providing a UI overview from a functional perspective.
- Presenters: Ignace Deroost and Art Lowel (Atmire)
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KA79nLtKu4x7XKnbP1A9-iv3zg30xwdvQuIpGHpzMQE/edit?usp=sharing
- Slides: (LINK COMING SOON)
DSpace 7 - Building High Quality Software via Best Practices (Developer Track)
- Description: This Developer Track talk will detail the new best practices we've established for building DSpace 7, including Working Groups, REST Contracts, Test Driven Development, etc.
- Presenters: Andrea Bollini (4Science) (lead), Giuseppe Digilio (4Science), Terry Brady, Tim Donohue
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TmJAur8RyhQbkmW4DopUl1DX0nZpwo0rLSPfCHATeSM/edit?usp=sharing
Other DSpace related tasks at OR19
Besides DSpace 7 there were a lot of presentations about DSpace at OR19, there were multiple posters about DSpace (e.g. one showing an iPad app with the new DSpace 7 REST API).
This section is everything but complete. Please add your presentations here.
- Description: Presentation about the relation between international communities and national user groups within those communities. What is important for a community, how to build a national user group, what should we pay attention on to keep all of that alive and active.
- Presenters: Pascal-Nicolas Becker Michele Mennielli
- Slides: https://lib-co.de/or19-communities