There are several public DSpace mailing lists you can join, depending on what your particular interest is.
- firstname.lastname@example.org : General discussion about the DSpace platform, and setting up and running a DSpace service. It is open to all DSpace users to ask questions, share news, and spark discussion about DSpace with people managing other DSpace sites.
- email@example.com: Technical support for the DSpace platform. If you have a technical query, or are having problems getting DSpace up and running, this is the place to go (refer to the Troubleshoot an error page for additional help and suggestions). If you are technically savvy, and would like to contribute by helping out those in need, please join!
- firstname.lastname@example.org : DSpace developers list. DSpace developer discussions and upcoming release discussions take place on this list, as the people working on the DSpace code hang out here.
- email@example.com : Notification list for modifications to tickets in the DSpace Issue Tracker (JIRA). This list is useful to join if you want to be aware of bug reports, possible upcoming features, and upcoming code changes in general.
- firstname.lastname@example.org : Notification list for all changes to the DSpace codebase in GitHub.This is for "hardcore" developers only. This listserv reports the latest code commits, allowing developers to keep in touch with the latest DSpace code changes.
While we hope that the community works together by using the above lists, some mailing lists enabling non-English speakers to participate are emerging. We strongly encourage people on those lists who speak English to liaise between them.
- Czech - CZDSUG mailing list
- Japanese (日本語) - The National Institute of Informatics runs an email list for institutional repositories, including DSpace. Contact co5 (at) nii.ac.jp for further information.
- Spanish - DSpace Spanish User Group, Gude
German DSpace-de German DSpace user community.
- Portuguese - DSpace Brasil
South Africa (incl. Africa) IR Community: http://lists.lib.sun.ac.za/mailman/listinfo/irtalk