- Time: 11:00AM Eastern Time US (UTC-4)
- Dial-in Number: (712) 775-7035
- Participant Code: 479307#
- International numbers: Conference Call Information
- Web Access: https://www.freeconferencecallhd.com/wp-content/themes/responsive/flashphone/flash-phone.php
Repeatable tests for demonstrating performance characteristics of Fedora
- Documentation: How to Conduct Performance Tests and Share Results - FCREPO-2424Getting issue details... STATUS
Rerun these six tests against the current release of Fedora, 4.7.3.
- AWS Cloud research grant
- Samvera Connect 2017
- Other performance tests, such as the Java client or service configurations
- Documents updated:
- "How to Conduct Performance Tests and Share Results" document is updated. Yinlin Chen didn't find any issues on Colin Gross R script using Test 4 result. Pending Danny Bernstein's response on which Test cause the header mismatch error.
- Andrew will review the document and test;
- "Performance Test Result template" document has also been updated.
- Test 4 was run against 4.7.3; will run against 4.7.4.
- Need someone to signup Test 1. Test 1 can be conducted in AWS using grant credit.
- When running performance test, if there is no error, run 7 x 24hr then end the experiment.
- If users wishing to help out want to run tests in Amazon, they should contact Yinlin Chen and he will create accounts.
- Funding is available through June 2018. We should use the funds as soon as possible to make sure it doesn't go to waste.
- Yinlin Chen is planning a presentation for Samvera Connect to outline the work of this group.
- There are two additional areas for testing: the Java client and the Camel components. It could be challenging to devise tests for the latter without some concrete examples of how Camel is being used.
- API-X might be an area where we could find concrete uses of Camel that could be tested.
- Target have all the Fedora 4 performance test result by Sep 11 that week.
- Next meeting will be September 18, please mark your calendar.
- Colin to update scripts to support old and new spreadsheet fields
- Danny to verify and document when Colin is done