Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

DCAT Discussion Schedule 2013

Insert your name and the JIRA issue number (if known) for the month you'd like to be the discussion leader for a JIRA issue (Example: Val: DS-164). If the JIRA issue you select does not merit discussion, simply do whatever follow up is required within JIRA (add comments to help requestor clarify/provide more detail, etc.). DCAT will aim to hold a discussion on at least one JIRA issue per month. 

 

Jan 

Feb

Mar

Apr

May

Jun

Jul

Aug

Sep

Oct

Nov

Dec

Name & JIRA # (if known)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jim: DS-824 - Getting issue details... STATUS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Selected DCAT Issues Links and Discussion Leader Index

Issue Description

JIRA #

Discussion Forum

DCAT Discussion Leader

Status

Recommended Action - some options could include:
1. need developer resource/large(or small) project-move/link to Development Proposal page
2. DCAT continue to work on building consensus/push forward
3. low priority/drop from DCAT discussion

Deposit interface for modifying input forms.xml / related 2011 GSoC project 

DS-164 

link

Jim

open, Jim to schedule discussion to refine reqmts: need to get DCAT consensus on priorities/requirements 

 

Create easy upgrade scripts 

DS-456 

link

Iryna

open, started community-wide discussion, another reminder about the discussion or something else?

 

Item type based submission

DS-464

link

Elin

open; attempted to create overview of issues and prepared for discussion at committer meeting 9/7

 

XMLUI News in config dir

DS-560

link

Bram

open, rated low DCAT priority: need to get DCAT consensus on requirements - aim to get same functionality as JSP UI - set at UI vs. sys config file

DROP

Tombstoning

DS-587

link

Sarah

open

 

Virus checking

DS-638

link

Elin

closed - included in 1.8

COMPLETE

Allow for bitstream order to be changed

DS-749

link

Jennifer

closed - included in 1.8

COMPLETE

Create a DSpace "Installer" which doesn't require users to build DSpace using Maven and Ant

DS-802

?

Iryna

open; start discussion item and check w/FAO to see if they have updates/fixes to bugs, check in w/Tim about how much effort it would take

 

Check file format complete     

DS-1093 (predecesor DS-638) 

link

Elin

Low priority from committers - propose to drop this for the moment.

DROP

Embargo feature

?DS-908, ?DS895, ?DS-824

none

Jim/Bram

open

Scheduled for 3.0 release

Add integration with an online document viewer

DS-1021 (split with DS-1115)

link

Amy

Should probably go in the 'holding tank'; the committer working on this issue, along with DS-1115, has been temporarily diverted by the creation of a digital library.  We probably also want to see what comes out with the 3.0 release.

Low priority until after 3.0 release

Streaming server requests

DS-1115 (split with DS-1021)

none

Amy

Should probably go in the 'holding tank'; the committer working on this issue, along with DS-1021 has been temporarily diverted by the creation of a digital library.  We probably also want to see what comes out with the 3.0 release.

Low priority until after 3.0 release

Link to Just Submitted Item Not Available in XMLUI

DS-1148

link

Sue

ping developers on the list or during their mtg to find out if issue can be worked on

 

Internationalization (i18n) improvements proposal 

?

?

Bram

Bram to create a JIRA issue, created a summary of the current DSpace-Tech discussion on this topic - good feedback 
- biggest challenge: a party willing to do the development & take the lead on this hasn't stepped up to the plate yet 
-- made inquiries for tech resource - DSpace dev, Ambassadors,   
-- emailed msg call for participation to Ambassadors to solicit help 
-- possible topic on the OR12 developer mtg agenda 

 

Metadata priorities - start project groups 

n/a

n/a

Val

-created new proposal summary page pages under "Development Proposals": https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Metadata+enhancement+work+or+proposals+summary
-sent msg out to community, some comments/volunteers 
-DCAT sub-team working on updating Dublin Core (Amy, Maureen,   
-possible topic on the OR12 developer mtg agenda   

 

Updating the Qualified Dublin Core registry in DSpace

link

 

Sarah P.

Project team proposed plan

 

Top DCAT priorities

link

n/a

Val

held discussion on June 12-13

DROP

ETD-MS schema out of the box

DS-531

n/a

helix84

discussion during DCAT mtg on Aug 14

may be in 3.0

Type based submission forms

DS-1127

n/a

Robin

email feedback on DCAT list on Aug 14

may be in 3.0

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • No labels