Please note that as of January 26, 2011 the DSpace Global Outreach Committee is no longer active. The DSpace Community Advisory Team has taken on some of the DGOC functions. For more information on DCAT please visit the DSpace Community Advisory Team page.
The primary goal of the DSpace Global Outreach Committee (DGOC) is to help identify or develop resources and tools for DSpace users, as well as to advance the user community network world-wide.
For a list of DGOC projects, visit the DGOC Projects page.
The following are a list of potential activities for the committee members. However, committee members will help refine and establish what is important for their region/country. Estimated time for each committee member is around 10 hours a month.
- Attend regular, virtual committee meetings
- Collaborate on projects to develop tools and resources to serve the community
- Take part in forums to share training and best practices in your country/region
- Network regularly with other DSpace users in your region
- Serve as a resource to new or potential DSpace users within your country/region on the DSpace platform
- Help develop agenda and host user group meetings
- Help guide the priorities of the DuraSpace organization to better serve the needs of repository managers
- Facilitate feedback from your country/region on the DSpace platform design in order to make the development process more balanced and informed about the repository manager's needs and the variety of use cases
The committee meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month via a conference call. We hold two different calls to accommodate members from different time zones. For more information and meeting notes, click here.
Committee members are volunteers from the world-wide DSpace user community. Members will be primarily made up of individuals who function as DSpace repository managers at their institution and have an interest in developing resources/tools for DSpace users and as well as to advance the user community network world-wide. The committee aims to have representatives from variety of countries/regions in order to provide broad support the DSpace user community.
Rea Devakos - University of Toronto
Ronee L. Francis - Vanderbilt University
Valorie Hollister - DuraSpace
Iryna Kuchma - eIFL.net
Jim Ottaviani - University of Michigan
Sarah Shreeves - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Elin Stangeland - Cambridge University Library
Beth Tillinghast - University of Hawaii at Manoa
Emeritus Committee Members
Ezra S. Gbaje - Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
Leonie Hayes - University of Auckland
Alvin Hutchinson - Smithsonian Institution Libraries
Jayan C Kurian - National University of Singapore
Yohannes Mulugeta - Addis Ababa University Libraries
Joy Wheeler - Nanyang Technological University Singapore
Christina Richison - NITLE
Monica Roos - University of Bergen
Michael Soupios - Seton Hall University
Julie Speer - Georgia Institute of Technology
For more information about DGOC, please contact Valorie Hollister at vholister at duraspace.org.