- Documentation for ontology updates
- Interest Group or Task Force
- Marijane agrees with turning the TF into a IG. Identifier task would be as good as anything else. Maybe we can figure the process out as we go. Now that we have sprints, we can fall into this proces.
- Brian: Transform seems logical, IG seems to be a good thing.
- Christian: I hope we can transfer it into the IG
- Violeta: Steering Group suggests this, too.
- Which task to choose?
- Marijane: Identifiers (Identifiers – ORCiD, other – use cases, modeling, software. See draft proposal here: http://bit.ly/2wEyy17) could be a change that could done. Christian s pressing for identifiers. Maybe in or until the sprint. Software change has not to be done in the same time.
- Violeta: 13th 18th december there will be a guest from Wikidata at the dev call.
- Brian: Are we able to solve the identifier issue until the sprint? There is a need for community feedback. Concern: There could be problems with the way ORCID (or others) denotes URIs.
mike denoted_by x
x a ORCiD
x has_value x^^anyURI
- Violeta: We should have a look at Wikidata how they solved this problem.
- Juliane: Was thinking about adding ORCID to Eagly-I, good to know it comes from VIVO.
- Are we fine with reusing identifiers and structures from somewhere else (library land etc.)
- Generally yes.
- Christian: Stefan's comment in the identifier doc
- Brian: Semantic inconsistencies.
- Violeta: Will respond with some links to the history of this discussion.
- Christian: Maybe adding an icon to the ID would make sense.
- Violeta: We need a licence to the ontology, so that wikidata can reuse that.
- Violeta CC0 would be good for Wikidata
- Marijane: Maybe difficult because we are using (parts of) other ontologies
- Brian: We have to be careful what we publish under a licence in our repository. Revisiting the licences would be another task.
- Ralph: I usually like to use LGPLv3 which is compatible with a lot
- Brian will create a issue/ticket next week for the licence work.
- Juliane: Eagle-I has no licence, too. Will do research on which licence to choose. The outcome of the research will be added to the discussion in JIRA/Github.
- Language skills – use case, modeling, software. See draft proposal here: http://bit.ly/2wIvd0S (not discussed)