Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

  • Updates from developers are noted in the "Current Work" section above
  • Discussion
    • Working Group Processes doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12BZVIGU9FhaL6Dkotsc603Fh1611mITfARFRWrwTXpo/edit
      • General approval for the new meeting structure & the processes laid forth.
      • Some discussion around how to keep PRs "small".  The "1,000 lines or less" note is a bit arbitrary.
      • Also there's a tension between having a small PR and having a PR that is well documented (via comments) and has thorough integration tests.  So, sometimes, a slightly larger PR is better because it's easier to understand
      • Tim notes the "1,000 lines or less" was very arbitrary. We can change this to be a little more generic & note that ITs and comments should not be considered a part of the line count.
      • Paulo asks about requirements for a meeting proxy.  If you don't have a proxy, what do you do?
        • Tim is available to be everyone's proxy.  If you have an update to share at a meeting & are unable to attend, send that update to Tim & he will report it to the team (and act as your proxy)
    • Upcoming PR from Entities Working Group
      • Three PRs: one for contract, one for REST impl, one for Angular UI
      • Initial PR will only be the backend changes (database structure) and UI  views (e.g. Item homepage updates, browse updates, etc).  Test data will be provided that can be used to test the PR
        • Creation of new Entities is specifically not included, as it is dependent on the Submission UI work from the DSpace 7 team.
      • All the Entities work was developed by Atmire, but has been reviewed & tested by non-Atmire developers (Tim, Paulo, Alexander, and others).  So, this will not be the first review for this code.  The team & the reviewers have tried to align all this work with the existing best practices of DSpace 7 team.
      • Tim will create the PRs in the next week (or so)
    • Deadline for Preview Release
      • Major outstanding features are the Entity work and Submission/Workflow UI. 
      • Atmire's remaining development work looks to only be 2 weeks of effort.  However, review process is unknown (most of the Preview features are already under review, with exception of Entity work and the new Admin side menu)
      • 4Science effort is likely 2-3 weeks, however it's dependent on Andrea's schedule.  He's wanting to ensure all REST contract/implementation features get a thorough review, and that takes away from his time to complete the Workflow PR, etc.
        • No other developers currently available to help at 4Science
        • We (DSpace 7 team) will try and ensure Andrea's time is minimized on minor reviews, so that he can concentrate more on the Workflow PR & major reviews.
      • Best "guess" date right now is early March for Preview
        • Much later than that, and it will be difficult to make the April Beta release.
    • Admin Menu Mockups
      • Art Lowel (Atmire) demoed them for everyone
      • Some possible usability concerns (but all seem minor), need to test a few screens with real users to get feedback.
        • Do we need a "Go" or "Confirm" button in the pop-ups to select Collection/Community to create within?
        • Should we be displaying UUIDs? Are those too confusing?
      • Should the "Create Item" use features of new Submission UI / My DSpace
        • Specifically, MyDSpace will have a "drop area" where you can drop a file to create one or more Items at once. For example, drop a BibTex and create multiple Items at once
        • May want to have a drop area in the Create Item popup too.
      • Questions about MyDSpace page. Should it appear in this side menu?
        • Side menu is currently for Admin actions only.  Will only appear for Full Admins, Community Admins & Collection Admins.
        • MyDSpace page might be linked from either the user account (upper right) or a new icon in upper right (that appears once logged in). Need to decide.
      • Overall, all agree that the approach looks good for now.  We'll want to do some usability testing with real users in the future (for the whole UI) and may want to tweak some of the screens later based on any feedback they provide.
    • Meeting wrap-up. Next meeting on Feb 14.