Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

  • Waffle.io is https://waffle.io/closing-its-doors May 16 – do we move all work areas to github projects or to adopt something else?
  • Wikimedian-in-residence Cornell visit
    • What data in wikidata is of most interest for discovery and other projects?
    • How accurate/good is wikidata in various domains?
    • Stanford priority to get some knowledge card work done in time for May meeting – we are interested in working on this too
    • → see google doc
  • Cohort engagement 
  • Discovery developer search
  • Authority Lookups for Sinopia (Production QA instance: https://github.com/ld4p/qa_server/issues/)
  • Prep for Cataloging Sinatra and other 45's (Discogs data, https://github.com/ld4p/qa_server/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ADiscogs)
    • Tim will update discogs code to use user token instead of keys that don't currently work in discogs
    • https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/issues/49 - not expecting to be able to make progress until Sinopia update in early April
    • Tim working in getting up to speed with React
  • Sinatra Profile Work
  • Enhanced Discovery (see also https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/sJI7Bg)
    • Huda is now chairing the LD4 DAG with Tom Cramer
    • LD4 "DOG" continues for the meantime with discussions around findings, processes for investigation and implementation (i.e. "on the ground").  At appropriate juncture, good to bring in additional Cornell discovery/Stanford discovery implementation folks.
    • Simeon – I think we need a set of real user discovery stories to use as examples when we talk about discovery. As I hear, "my current example is Lincoln" it all sounds so arbitrary. I think we should be saying "Let's take the example of an undergraduate student searching for "lincoln" in order to find material for an American History 101 assignment on this and that (this example came from a user study we did in Cornell's Olin library...)" even if the actual terms and results are the same.
      • John Updike story is from the old D&A integration layer stories
      • Might get some stories from the Harvard and Chicago input in the DAG
      • Also input/user stories from Astrid Usong based on her user interviews
    • ACTION - Jason Kovari and Huda Khan will work on some more expansive stories that relate well with our collections
    • Suggestion that bringing together archives and special collections with the catalog would be interesting
    • Is there an opportunity for gamification around the catalog? Could have this as an opportunity for supervised reconciliation work, or correction of errors
    • Importance of transparency about data sources and how/who decides what sources are appropriate – under what circumstances is it appropriate to use data from Wikipedia/Wikidata?
    • ==> PLAN TO FOCUS ON IDEAS FOR A NEAR TERM WORKPLAN NEXT FRIDAY
  • Travel and meetings (see LD4P2 Cornell Meeting Attendances)
    • LD4 conference and pre-meeting partners
      • Expect to send: Jason, Steven, Huda, Lynette, Simeon
      • Simeon has reserved minivan for Wed 8 through Sun 12 May
      • Everyone work on agenda document.
    • LD4P June 2019 Meeting: Agenda formation: https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/p4B7Bg
      • Michelle (2019-03-21, email): "June in-person partner meeting in DC: planning hasn't started yet, it would be good to have at least one person from each of Cornell/Harvard/Iowa SLIS/LC/PCC/Stanford involved in the planning. Let me know if you want to take part."
      • Partner meeting is day after cohort; can we wait to plan until after May meeting?
  • Next meetings:
    • Lynette and Steven not available for 29 Mar meeting
    • Jason not available for 5 Apr meeting
    • Steven out April 19th.