Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, Oct 15, 2014

 

Today's Meeting Times

  • JIRA Backlog Hour: 19:00 UTC in #dspace IRC
  • DSpace Developers Meeting: 20:00 UTC in #duraspace IRC

Agenda

Regular Items

  • "JIRA Backlog Hour" : Takes place the hour prior to the meeting, in #dspace IRC. During that hour, we will be working together to tackle our JIRA Backlog of "Received" tickets.

Discussion Topics

  1. Discussion / Controversy around "Author Profiles" vs. "DSpace-CRIS".  How do we move forward?
    1. Author Profiles has been offered as a 5.0 feature:  DS-2169 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    2. However, it conflicts with long standing work in the "dspace-cris" project: https://cineca.github.io/dspace-cris/features.html
    3. It seems like there's two options:
      1. Release "Author Profiles" in 5.0, keeping in mind that we may wish to later "refactor it" (if possible) into dspace-cris in 6.0
      2. Delay "Author Profiles" (i.e. do not release in 5.0) and resolve this conflict in DSpace 6.0
  2. DSpace 5.0 Feature Reviews or other updates
    1. FEATURE FREEZE IS MONDAY (Oct 20)
    2. How do we want to quickly review all these Feature PRs?
    3. Any 5.0 Feature PRs/tickets to discuss in our meeting? (Please feel free to edit this page an add links to 5.0 tickets/PRs you'd like to see discussed)
      1. 5.0 Features/Improvements in the "Code Review Needed" state
  3. Other topics?

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)

  • No labels