Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
To join the online meeting:
- Go to: https://duraspace.zoom.us/j/823948749
- Or iPhone one-tap :
- US: +14086380968,,823948749# or +16468769923,,823948749#
- Or Telephone:
- Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
- US: +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833
- Meeting ID: 823 948 749
- International numbers available: https://duraspace.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Qy8de-kt6W4fMMDQCAV_3qfH1W-lxAo5
- Ralph O'Flinn
- Kitio Fofack
- Tim Worrall
- Martin Barber
- Don Elsborg
- Qazi Asim Ijaz Ahmad
- Andrew Woods
- Benjamin Gross
- Brian Lowe
- Marijane White
- 1.10 Release Candidate
- 2018-05-21 - 1.10 Release Planning Meeting
- Release Testing - 1.10.0
- Policy - Release Candidates
- On the fence
- Documentation details for sites to include the Data Distribution API in local installations
- Do sites need to make any changes beyond updates to the pom.xml?
- VIVO Slack... approaching 10k message threshold (at 9.3k)
- VIVO Conf unconference session ideas?
- Next sprint? Sept 17-28
- Suggested updates from Michael J. Giarlo
Don -- Who will be attending the Developer workshop? Want to try the Maven-based 3rd tier, try the Vagrant VM?
Jim - if people can give the Vagrant a try, it may help with the workshop prep. Don will be working on the README.
Using IntelliJ vs. Eclipse? We will be looking for participation.
Putting together that E-mail to the developer group, and to attendees that aren't in the group.'
1.10 Release Candidate -- The thrust of Sprint 2, this week and next week.
Looking for feedback from the community. Completeness? Correctness?
This is the checklist that will determine whether a "release candidate" becomes a "release".
Don: will be hoping to test with 3-tier Vagrant. Don: it might be good to have a release of VIVO Harvester with matching release number.
Don: are we serving the sites that do bulk ingest? Benjamin: we only rely on the SPARQL Update API, not the Harvester. Note: Don will reach out to John Fereira.
Andrew: In general, we aren't testing the APIs. How can we do that? Jim: perhaps look at the list of AcceptanceTests.
CHECK IT OUT - Suggestions regarding testing, etc.
Blockers (Ralph -- the MD5 issue is missing from this list -- Hmmm)
VIVO-1497 - Overview can not be manually edited IN REVIEW
Some assertions were (accidentally?) removed in the Ontology restructuring, and some functionality was lost.
Trying to decide the best way to handle this -- restore the assertions that we know are needed? Or restore all assertions that were removed?
VIVO-1483 - VIVO hangs on startup after upgrading using jena3tools IN REVIEW
Need more people to test this. Currently, only Mike is seeing a problem with this fix. If others see the problem also, it may make it easier to isolate. Ralph will test with a populated database. Others are welcome.
Andrew will try to reproduce. Don may try also.
Additional issue from Benjamin. Others? Make it happen before the blockers are resolved.
Documentation details for sites to include the Data Distribution API in local installations
Do sites need to make any changes beyond updates to the pom.xml?
No code changes, but documentation about updating the pom.xml
No other changes required -- Benjamin
IF ISSUES AREN'T DONE by the time the blockers are finished, then they will be delayed until 1.10.1 (3rd quarter 2018?)
- Andrew to help out with reviews later this week
- Jim and Benjamin to suggest reviewers for their code changes
- Huda to create a Jira issue to track the security concerns: I created the issue here: - VIVO-1504Getting issue details... STATUS but didn't see a way to set privacy on the issue so have not put much detail there. I will email Ralph some details as well.