- First 15-20 minutes: JIRA Catch-Up – starting with issue DS-651
- Beginning to Plan Next Releases
- Possible, sample 9 month timeframe (similar to 1.7.0's schedule):
- May 13, 2011 : "Beta 1"? (Milestone 1?)
- June 3, 2011 : "Beta 2"? (Milestone 2?) - Note: OR11 is June 7-11
- July 22, 2011 : Feature Freeze?
- July 29, 2011 : Final Documentation "Due Date"?
- August 5, 2011 : Release Candidate 1?
- August 8-19, 2011 : Testathon?
- September 2, 2011 : Release Candidate 2?
- September 5-14, 2011 : Final Testing / Bug Fixing?
- September 16, 2011 : Final Release?
- Topics for upcoming "Special Topics" Meetings?
- git / DCVS
1.8.0/1.7.1 Release Planning & Schedules, Documentation Mgmt, JIRA review
- Reviewed JIRA Issues - ended with issue DS-658
- 1.7.1 Schedule & Coordinator
- Peter Dietz volunteered to coordinate 1.7.1
- 1.7.1 will be a bug-fix only release
- Code should go into 1.7.x Branch
- 1.8.0 Schedule & Coordinator
- Still need a volunteer to Coordinate
- Two potential schedules proposed:
- #1 - Release in 9mos (Sept) – see above
- #2 - Release in 10mos (Oct)
- Many seem to think 12mos release schedule after that is better. So, we would potentially standardize to always release in the Fall.
- Most seem to like the ideas of several "beta" releases before feature freeze.
- Some discussion of Documentation process
- We need a Documentation Team – Jeff cannot do this alone
- The wiki is working well, but we need a group to keep us "honest". At the end of the 1.7.0 release, there was a scramble to fix docs issues, because of a lack of pre-planning & no team to double check things as we went along.
- Ideas/proposals on improving Documentation process are welcome.
- Full IRC Transcript is available at - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/index.php?date=2011-01-12