|As a repository manager, I want to expose a web service at a URI bound to a Fedora object|
Story (A paragraph or two describing what happens)
|My institution has developed a web application which provides a nifty visualization (html + js) for certain kinds of Fedora objects, as well as an XML representation of the same. To create the vizualization, my application reads a fedora object, queries a few indexes, does a few computations, and renders an appropriate representation based on the desired content-type. I would like to expose this web service at a URI |
API Extension Architecture's role:
- Allow repository manager to bind path segment
viz:niftyto objects with rdf:type of viz:Visualizable
- Allow the repository manager to specify the address of the web service that implements
- Route user's http requests from viz:nifty to the web service, and return its response
- Provide the identity of the relevant Fedora object to the web service when routing http request to it.
Web application's role:
- Respond to requests directed from
Repository manager's role:
- Deploy web application
- Specify address of web application, rdf:type of relevant objects, and URI path segement (
- Respond to requests from the web application, if any.