Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern time (GMT-5) – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com – and note that the U.S. is on daylight savings time.
Automation Moving Forward - New changes to SPARQLTranslator and ArgList in the VIVO Harvester that allows for the SparqlTranslator’s input models to use a single configuration file (to VIVO) and multiple models. This paves the way for Colorado cleaning up our configuration files.
We will be releasing alongside VIVO 1.6 a new version of the Harvester also versioned 1.6. I’m hoping to include in this new version
More example scripts
A few fixes
The pre-build for the VIVO-Vagrant image is complete and now I’m just scripting the startup for script and then we’ll begin testing here and releasing it to the vivo-project on Github.
Our new VIVO server is coming along. We’re readying it to test VIVO 1.6. Our intent is once 1.6 goes into freeze we’ll run daily tests with our data and processes and contribute back to the community. The hope is that when 1.6 is released, we’ll also be able to release it to production on our systems. We’re hoping to rollout our SPARQL Server (perhaps only internally) and a revamped theme at the same time.
Manolo is leaving Mann Library for the Law School
Kind of quiet with Jon and Brian Lowe out
Tim is looking at ISF ontology changes
Substantial changes to custom forms and listviews
Main changes for the ISF are
the role property
the conversion to numeric URI’s
In connection with a school in Mexico who are happy to help with the translation to VIVO in spanish
Jim is taking time this week to focus on multi-site search
Brian Caruso returns from paternal leave
Working on secondary rollout
- Memorial (John & Max)
Getting up to speed (with several development servers online)
Still working on the testing environment
- Stony Brook
Up the the same old same old … trying to take over the world
Basic WebID authentication is working now, if you log into VIVO you are authenticated to other sessions and vice versa.
Could present it next week (or the following)
- UCLA (Lakshmi)
Looking at different publication ingest mechanism
- Weill Cornell
Eliza is working on improving the logging mechanism for ingesting publications
Half of the people in their Faculty Affairs database do not have any institutional identifiers
Messy data botches their scheduling plans for ingest
Taking a deeper look at ORCID Integration
got an update of jsonld
Alot of their folks grab their data form a client side language not a server side language and jsonld makes that easier
VIVO 1.6 release code freeze is July 22 to allow 3 weeks of testing before the VIVO conference
VIVO Apps Contest
- Entries are due July 31 – see Call for Applications for more information.
VIVO 2013 Conference
- List of sessions and poster posted here (PDF)
- Register before July 19 for best rate and conference hotel availability
- Before July 19th - $450
- July 20th – August 13th - $550
- Onsite - $600
- Conference hotel is Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark Hotel
- Conference rate $129.00+taxes for single/double room, and is only valid through July 13th based on availability
- Click here to book your hotel room reservation.
- Wednesday night baseball game (Cardinals vs Pirates) and cold beer!
Notable implementation and development list issues
- CSV ingest questions (Violeta) (thread)
Very prompt response - accidental dropping of Unique ID’s caused ingest to create one person with 34 phone numbers
- VIVO API discussion regarding W3C Linked Data Platform (Alex & Erich) (thread)
- "Recompute inferences" questions (Giuseppe) (thread)
Explanation of the Simple Reasoner
- Heads up on Log4J properties file rename (Jim) (thread)
- "Requested resource is not available" when redeploying VIVO question (Giuseppe) (thread)
- See the vivo-dev-all archive and vivo-imp-issues archive for complete email threads
Date: Every Thursday, no end date
Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting Number: 641 825 891
To join the online meeting
- Go to https://cornell.webex.com/cornell/e.php?AT=WMI&EventID=167096322&RT=MiM2
- If requested, enter your name and email address.
- Click "Join".
- To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link: https://cornell.webex.com/cornell/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=167096322&tollFree=1
- If those links don't work, please visit the Cornell meeting page and look for a VIVO meeting.
To join the audio conference only
- To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-855-244-8681
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-479-3207
- Global call-in numbers: https://cornell.webex.com/cornelluniversity/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=161711167&tollFree=1
- Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
- Access code:645 873 290