Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern time – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com
GOOGLE DOC AT http://goo.gl/IVhygV
Ontology Working Group: next call is Thursday, June 12 at noon EDT
Today’s call included a demo from LASP, and hope to be involved in a subgroup for data sets
Agenda to be determined -- look for an announcement or review the last call notes at http://goo.gl/AHPqoe
Apps & Tools Working Group: next call is Tuesday, June 10 at 1pm EDT
Agenda to be determined
VIVO Conference: August 6-8 Austin, TX
Registration is open – early bird rate through June 20 and lodging discount at venue (Hyatt Regency) through July 3 is based on availability
- Submission responses went out today, and organizers hope to have the full schedule available by the end of next week
Working Group Activities
First annual survey of VIVO sites due Thursday, May 29
VIVO 1.7 development
Next themed weekly call topic – June 19
Theme to be confirmed: revisit End User Documentation/Support
Theme: VIVO Wiki and General Documentation
Suggested topics and questions:– Topic: what are the characteristics of strong documentation for a software project? Give us a tour of the some projects you admire.- Question for the group: What should and shouldn’t be on the home page?
- Question for the group: Let’s think about information architecture. What are the top-level categories that VIVO documentation most naturally falls into?– Topic: what practices can we put in place to improve VIVO's documentation?
- Question for the group: How do we track future or ongoing needs for the wiki?- Question for the group: who will do the work of improving the documentation?– Topic: what ought to be our documentation priorities?
- Question for the group: What are the most pressing needs?- Question for the group: How does the VIVO project, or individual contributors, prioritize documentation versus other activities?
- Date: Every Thursday, no end date
- Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
- Meeting Number: 641 825 891
To join the online meeting
- Go to https://cornell.webex.com/cornell/e.php?AT=WMI&EventID=167096322&RT=MiM2
- If requested, enter your name and email address.
- Click "Join".
1. Call in to the meeting:
1-855-244-8681 (Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada))
1-650-479-3207 (Call-in toll number (US/Canada))
2. Enter the access code:
641 825 891 #
3. Enter your Attendee ID: