SPARQL is a powerful query language for VIVO. Using SPARQL queries one can find and tabulate data in VIVO, creating reports and using tabular listings to identify data to be improved. SPARQL contains UPDATE and CONSTRUCT statements that allow new VIVO data to be created and added to VIVO. SPARQL is intended for use by programmers and data managers. It is related to SQL, which is used for management of tabular data stored in relational databases.
- SPARQL Tutorial
- Getting Started with SPARQL
- SPARQL Queries for Data Management
- SPARQL Queries for Publications and Authors
- SPARQL for Developers
- Setting up a VIVO SPARQL Endpoint
- Rich export SPARQL queries
Learning Sparql is an excellent O'Reilly book. The book's web site has examples, video and other resources for those learning SPARQL.