It's never too late to help! If you would like to help plan and organize the VIVO 2018 Conference, please contact the Conference chair, Alex Viggio. Thanks!
This task force organizes the VIVO Conference.
- Everything needed to hold the conference, including, but not limited to:
- Selecting the site
- A full program of keynotes, invited, contributed speakers, posters and workshops
- All conference logistics including planning of food and beverage, signage, registration, and related events
- All conference marketing and promotion, including email, print media, social media, and web site
- All conference sponsorship
- Wrap-up and transition to the next conference planning task force, including
- Selection of site for the next conference
- Selection of the program and conference chairs for the next conference
- Posting of presentations and photographs from previous conferences
The task force will work all year up and through next year's conference. A simplified/conceptual schedule is below.
|Recruit task force members, conduct, review previous conference survey, post presentations and photographs from previous conference, review conference timeline|
|Review/finalize conference organization, meeting processes. Announce site and dates. Launch web site.|
|Begin marketing and sponsorship work. RFP for next site.|
|Begin keynote invites|
Begin invited speaker solicitation, begin sponsor solicitation
Call for workshops, papers and panels
|February||Begin reviewing abstracts, finalize workshops|
|March||Late-breaking call for papers|
Continue marketing and promotion
Finalize sponsorship, signage
|June||Workshops, meetings, and conference|
Alex Viggio - Conference Chair
Violeta Ilik - Program Chair
Paul Albert - Conference Vice-Chair
Eric Meeks - Program Vice-Chair
Manuel de la Cruz Gutierrez - Sponsorships
Marian Puglisi - administrative support
The wiki will contain progress information.
VIVO Updates emails as needed
- Conference chairs brief the Steering Group as needed