Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, November 13, 2013

Agenda

Regular Items

  • "JIRA Backlog Hour" : Every Weds at 19:00UTC in #dspace IRC we will be working together to tackle our JIRA Backlog of "Received" tickets. This regular meeting will continue until we've been able to catch up on our backlog.
    • NOTE: Tim may be late for JIRA Backlog Hour this week, but others are welcome to take part on your own.

Discussion Topics

  1. DSpace 4.0 Status & Testathon progress.  Status check on 4.0 issues (~3 weeks till our tentatively scheduled final release)
    1. DS-1749 - Getting issue details... STATUS - What to do about the "./dspace index" scripts?  Do we point them at Discovery now (the new default)?  Do we leave them pointing at Lucene?
      1. We already have one reported bug because of confusion about the "index" scripts no longer working "out-of-the-box" in 4.0: DS-1762 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      2. Summary: DSpace 4.0 indexing commands
    2. DS-1621 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    3. https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/379 : Needs a review for 4.0, as it fixes DS-1483 - Getting issue details... STATUS issue.  This is another request from Google to improve indexing in Google Scholar.
    4. DS-1709 - Getting issue details... STATUS - Waiting on porting to JSPUI.
    5. Other specific tickets to follow up on? Issues? Questions?
    6. DSpace 4.0 Tasks
  2. Search Interfaces (possibly standardizing on Discovery as the interface, with multiple providers)
    1. In DSpace 4.0, Discovery is enabled by default
    2. What do we want to do about plain-Lucene support?
      1. Option 1: Deprecate it in 4.0, and remove entirely in 5.0
      2. Option 2: Rewrite it so that it can be another provider behind Discovery (alongside Solr and possibly ES)
    3. For 5.0, we could also tentatively plan to release a Discovery on Elastic Search option

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. Brainstorming Features/Changes for future. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?
    • Larger DSpace projects which seem to have a lot of recent support:
      • Moving towards a Common "Business Logic" / Business Services API. (I.e. avoiding duplication of business logic in all UIs)
      • Metadata For All (i.e. metadata on all objects), SubTopic: Getting us up-to-date how we use Dublin Core / DCMI. (Support from DCAT)
      • AuthN & AuthZ issues, including: DS-1566 and developer meeting on May 2, 2012
    • Other DSpace projects receiving mention recently

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)

  • No labels