Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, February 19, 2014

Agenda

Regular Items

Discussion Topics

  1. Quick announcements/notes:
    1. We applied for Google Summer of Code.  Accepted organizations will be posted on Monday, Feb 24 at 19:00UTC.
    2. Tim will be out next week at a DuraSpace all-staff meeting.  Will not be at our meeting on Feb 26. Volunteer to lead the meeting?
  2. DSpace 4.1 status update - Tentative release date is Fri, Feb 28.  What do we need to do to wrap up the release?
    1. Unresolved tickets marked for 4.1 release
    2. Anyone able to get to  DS-1907 - Getting issue details... STATUS  for 4.1? Or should we just wait on it for 4.2?
    3. Should we consider  DS-1596 - Getting issue details... STATUS  for 4.1?  It's not critical, so it could wait for 5.0 if needed.
  3. Other topics to bring up for discussion? Possible recent discussions/to-do's:
    1. "Let's talk about Features" Meeting idea (3rd meeting per month) starting in March?  We did this adhoc last week with the Audio/Video Streaming (RTMP, HLS, DASH) Support discussion.
    2. A Release Schedule Template
    3. "Requiring Documentation before a PR can be merged". See: New Contribution Template
  4. Other topics?

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. Brainstorming Features/Changes for future. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?
    • Larger DSpace projects which seem to have a lot of recent support:
      • Moving towards a Common "Business Logic" / Business Services API. (I.e. avoiding duplication of business logic in all UIs)
      • Metadata For All (i.e. metadata on all objects), SubTopic: Getting us up-to-date how we use Dublin Core / DCMI. (Support from DCAT)
      • AuthN & AuthZ issues, including: DS-1566 and developer meeting on May 2, 2012
    • Other DSpace projects receiving mention recently

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)

  • No labels