To continue to advance the DSpace, Fedora and VIVO projects, your institution’s financial support is critical. Please talk to your leadership about joining DuraSpace as a member! Visit: http://duraspace.org/about_membership to learn more.
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, July 24, 2013

Agenda

Regular Items

  • "JIRA Backlog Hour" : Every Weds at 19:00UTC in #dspace IRC we will be working together to tackle our JIRA Backlog of "Received" tickets. This regular meeting will continue until we've been able to catch up on our backlog.

Discussion Topics

  1. Pull Request Reviews (first 10 minutes or so) - Starting with #196
  2. DSpace 3.2 release
  3. DSpace 4.0 planning
    1. Need to start thinking about our possible release timeline, and whether there's anything we want to change from the 3.0 release timeline.
      1. 3.0 Deadlines were:
        1. Aug 24, 2012 (Friday) - Code Submission Deadline
        2. Sept 14, 2012 (Friday) - Feature Freeze
        3. Oct 8, 2012 (Monday) - RC1 released  (Initial Testathon began Oct 10, Wednesday)
  4. Developer's feedback on  DS-491 - Ability to map collections to multiple communities Accepted  requested by Kostas (could make it into 4.0)
  5. Travis CI + GitHub : Should we all be using this?
    1. Travis CI allows each developer to have their own Continuous Integration on their own GitHub Repo
    2. Also integrates with GitHub and will provide a warning if your Pull Request to DSpace causes build failures in Travis CI
    3. All it requires is a ".travis.yml" file in our GitHub Repo
    4. http://about.travis-ci.org/docs/user/getting-started/
  6. Other topics for discussion?

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. Brainstorming Features/Changes for future. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

  • Full IRC Transcript is available at - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/index.php?date=2013-07-24
  • DuraLogBot crashed before the meeting and failed to capture the logs.  Here's a copy of tdonohue's logs from the meeting (Times are all in CDT):

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)

  • No labels