Today's Meeting Times
Friendly reminders of upcoming meetings, discussions etc
- DSpace 7 Working Group: Next meeting is March 29 at 14:00 UTC (note new time) in DSpace Meeting Room. See wiki page for meeting details and past meeting notes.
DSpace Entities Working Group: Next meeting Tues, April 3 at 14:00 UTC (note new time). See wiki page for meeting details and past meeting notes.
- Video from last week's meeting available at 2018-03-23 DSpace Entities WG Meeting Notes
- DSpace Developer Show and Tell Meetings: Next Show & Tell will be April 17 at 15:00 UTC.
- Video from yesterday's meeting now available at Janitor and DSpace, DSpace Development on Codenvy - Mar 27, 2018 at 1500 UTC
If you have a topic you'd like to have added to the agenda, please just add it.
- DSpace Entities Working Group - quick update
- Feedback from DSpace Entities WG meeting & 4Science Feedback added under "Recommendations?" section: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exm_xLToxUMszOvX5itSMFTn5eiGCdggL0Mf522GjHU/edit#heading=h.s2sfcv3dpnau
- DSpace Entities WG meets again on April 3. DSpace Steering meets again on April 4.
(Ongoing Topic) DSpace 7 Status Updates for this week
- DSpace 7 Community Sprints are in planning phase.
- DSpace 7 Working Group is currently concentrating on building out search, submission, authentication and MyDSpace functionality
- DSpace 7 Dev Status spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18brPF7cZy_UKyj97Ta44UJg5Z8OwJGi7PLoPJVz-g3g/edit#gid=0
(Ongoing Topic) DSpace 6.x Status Updates for this week
- We could use your support! See also the call for participation on all lists: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dspace-tech/pBy714dGqU0/MGszGDCYAgAJ
- Kim Shepherd will hang out in #dev for the hour following the meeting to discuss PRs, priorities, etc. so if you have some time to spare to review some quick fixes and let the rest of us know which issues you want to make it in, please join in!
Tickets, Pull Requests or Email threads/discussions requiring more attention? (Please feel free to add any you wish to discuss under this topic)
- ORCID support broken? - DS-3447Getting issue details... STATUS
- DSpace 6 performance issues with items containing a lot of bitstreams? https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/dspace-tech/VIofW7EwEXY
- - DS-3649Getting issue details... STATUS
These topics are ones we've touched on in the past and likely need to revisit (with other interested parties). If a topic below is of interest to you, say something and we'll promote it to an agenda topic!
- Management of database connections for DSpace going forward (7.0 and beyond). What behavior is ideal? Also see notes at DSpace Database Access
- In DSpace 5, each "Context" established a new DB connection. Context then committed or aborted the connection after it was done (based on results of that request). Context could also be shared between methods if a single transaction needed to perform actions across multiple methods.
- In DSpace 6, Hibernate manages the DB connection pool. Each thread grabs a Connection from the pool. This means two Context objects could use the same Connection (if they are in the same thread). In other words, code can no longer assume each
new Context()is treated as a new database transaction.
- Should we be making use of
SessionFactory.openSession()for READ-ONLY Contexts (or any change of Context state) to ensure we are creating a new Connection (and not simply modifying the state of an existing one)? Currently we always use
SessionFactory.getCurrentSession()in HibernateDBConnection, which doesn't guarantee a new connection: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/dspace-6_x/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/core/HibernateDBConnection.java
- Should we be making use of
Help us test / code review! These are tickets needing code review/testing and flagged for a future release (ordered by release & priority)Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Updated Assignee Reporter P Status Fix Version/s
Newly created tickets this week:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Assignee Reporter P Status
Old, unresolved tickets with activity this week:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Updated Assignee Reporter P Status
Tickets resolved this week:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Tickets requiring review. This is the JIRA Backlog of "Received" tickets:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Updated Assignee Reporter P
IRC Transcript is available at - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/index.php?date=2018-03-28