Today's Meeting Times
Friendly reminders of upcoming meetings, discussions etc
- DSpace 7 Working Group: Second Sprint announced (July 9-20), signups at DSpace 7 Community Sprints.Next Meeting is Thurs, May 30 at 14:00 UTC.
DSpace Entities Working Group: Next meeting is TBD. See wiki page for meeting details and past meeting notes.
- DSpace Developer Show and Tell Meetings: Next Show & Tell will be June 26 at 15:00 UTC.
If you have a topic you'd like to have added to the agenda, please just add it.
No meeting next week (June 6) cause of OR2018. Next DevMtg will be Weds, June 13 at 15UTC
(Ongoing Topic) DSpace 7 Status Updates for this week (Primarily concentrating on OR2018 preparation)
- DSpace 7 Working Group is currently concentrating on building out search, submission, authentication and MyDSpace functionality. 4Science submission/workflow UI (see video, slides) to be submitted as series of PRs in coming weeks.
- DSpace 7 Dev Status spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18brPF7cZy_UKyj97Ta44UJg5Z8OwJGi7PLoPJVz-g3g/edit#gid=0
(Ongoing Topic) DSpace 6.x Status Updates for this week
DSpace 6.3 Release Planning is ongoing. Target release date is week of June 11 (after OR2018), there are just a couple of remaining PRs sitting with a 6.3 milestone. The rest of the work is testing and forward porting, and writing announcements, release notes, contributor credits, and the maven / sonatype release itself.
- Reminder of - DS-3498Getting issue details... STATUS Do we want to squeeze in a "quick fix" for 6.3? Maybe just disable search snippets on "fulltext" by default?
Tickets, Pull Requests or Email threads/discussions requiring more attention? (Please feel free to add any you wish to discuss under this topic)
- - DS-3649Getting issue details... STATUS
JIRA tickets / PRs marked for 6.3: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A6.3
These topics are ones we've touched on in the past and likely need to revisit (with other interested parties). If a topic below is of interest to you, say something and we'll promote it to an agenda topic!
- Management of database connections for DSpace going forward (7.0 and beyond). What behavior is ideal? Also see notes at DSpace Database Access
- In DSpace 5, each "Context" established a new DB connection. Context then committed or aborted the connection after it was done (based on results of that request). Context could also be shared between methods if a single transaction needed to perform actions across multiple methods.
- In DSpace 6, Hibernate manages the DB connection pool. Each thread grabs a Connection from the pool. This means two Context objects could use the same Connection (if they are in the same thread). In other words, code can no longer assume each
new Context()is treated as a new database transaction.
- Should we be making use of
SessionFactory.openSession()for READ-ONLY Contexts (or any change of Context state) to ensure we are creating a new Connection (and not simply modifying the state of an existing one)? Currently we always use
SessionFactory.getCurrentSession()in HibernateDBConnection, which doesn't guarantee a new connection: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/dspace-6_x/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/core/HibernateDBConnection.java
- Should we be making use of
Help us test / code review! These are tickets needing code review/testing and flagged for a future release (ordered by release & priority)Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Updated Assignee Reporter P Status Fix Version/s
Newly created tickets this week:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Assignee Reporter P Status
Old, unresolved tickets with activity this week:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Updated Assignee Reporter P Status
Tickets resolved this week:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Tickets requiring review. This is the JIRA Backlog of "Received" tickets:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Updated Assignee Reporter P
IRC Transcript is available at - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/index.php?date=2018-05-30