Two new members! Dartmouth College and Université du Québec à Montréal are new VIVO members! Thank you!
- From Wikipedia regarding Dartmouth College: Dartmouth College (/ˈdɑːrtməθ/ dart-məth) is a private Ivy League research university in Hanover, New Hampshire, United States. Established in 1769 by Eleazar Wheelock, Dartmouth is one of the nine colonial colleges chartered before the American Revolution.
- From Wikipedia regarding Université du Québec à Montréal: The Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) is a public university based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is a French-language university and is the largest constituent element of the Université du Québec system.
- The two universities are located 190 miles apart, about a three hour trip by car.
Announcing VIVO Camp April 6-8, Albuquerque, New Mexico. VIVO Camp is a new effort to help organizations explore, adopt, and implement VIVO. Designed for new sites – those considering VIVO and those starting a VIVO implementation, VIVO Camp will provide a fun, instructional, interactive environment to learn more about VIVO and the VIVO Community. The instructors will be:
- Paul Albert, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Mike Conlon, VIVO Project Director
- Violeta Ilik, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Graham Triggs, VIVO Technical Lead
- Julia Trimmer, Duke University
Registration for this ticketed event will open early in 2017. Seating will be limited. Discounts will be available for member institutions and students. More information about the camp is available on the VIVO web site. If you are new to VIVO, considering VIVO, have heard of VIVO and would like to know more, here's a great opportunity to learn more.
Last update of 2016. The holidays are approaching and the year is waning. This will be the last VIVO Updates of the year. VIVO Updates will return January 8. Until then, have a happy holidays, and a joyous New Year. See you all in 2017 with lots of updates from VIVO!
VIVO Project Director