Shortcut to temporal Google doc for meeting notes: https://goo.gl/IqD05b
VIVO 2015 Conference Updates
More info on program, workshops, and venue at http://vivoconference.org/
- Call for Apps opening soon
- Each year, the VIVO conference sponsors a competition for software applications using VIVO data. The winner will receive an award and will be recognized during the conference. Start thinking of your submissions now and stay on the lookout for more info
Follow the conversation on Twitter at #VIVO15
Ontology Working Group: next call June 30 at 1 PM Eastern
When there’s no Apps & Tools or Ontology call, there’s usually an “office hours” call for informal, unscripted questions about the ontology
Apps & Tools Working Group: next call July 14 at 1 PM Eastern
Outreach and Engagement Working Group: co-chaired by Julia Trimmer of Duke and Kristi Holmes of Northwestern, this group's regular call series restarts Tuesday, July 21 at 1 PM Eastern
Task Force Updates:
- A new task force is forming. VIVO in a Networked Research EcoSystem (NetRES), led by Jing Wang will consider approaches to data redundancy, including cross-linking VIVOs. Results will be presented at a panel discussion at the VIVO Conference. If you are interested in participating, please contact Jing Wang.
- The Asset Inventory and Recommendations Task Force will have draft recommendations for community review shortly. Thanks to all who helped review the asset inventory and those who contributed suggested recommendations. VIVO has accumulated a large collection of materials. The task force will recommend ways for VIVO to slim down and organize its assets.
- The VIVO Contributed Software Task Force is also finalizing recommendations. The group has reviewed methods for including contributed software in VIVO releases.
- The VIVO Implementation Documentation Task Force is developing a high level project plan view of a VIVO implementation that includes project management, data management, outreach and engagement, and technical development. The high level view will provide structure for materials supporting each activity. In addition, the group has significantly improved the VIVO Glossary.
Theme: VIVO Roadmap Process
The VIVO Roadmap Process describes steps that will be taken to develop a roadmap incorporating the principles described above. As steps are completed, the page will be updated. The VIVO project director will be responsible for overseeing the process and engaging the community in the process. A task force will be formed to take input from the community and develop a draft roadmap for consideration by the Steering Group and then by Leadership. Status of the process will be reported each week in VIVO Updates.
We are entering week three of the public discussion of roadmap items. Mike Conlon will be joining us today to participate in the discussion, and answer any questions you may have about the process.
More information on wiki at VIVO Roadmap Process
Notable List Traffic
Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern time – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com
- Date: Every Thursday, no end date
- Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
- Meeting Number: 641 825 891
To join the online meeting
- Go to https://cornell.webex.com/cornell/e.php?AT=WMI&EventID=167096322&RT=MiM2
- If requested, enter your name and email address.
- Click "Join".
1. Call in to the meeting:
1-855-244-8681 (Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada))
1-650-479-3207 (Call-in toll number (US/Canada))
2. Enter the access code:
641 825 891 #
3. Enter your Attendee ID: